Common Signs You Need Heating Repair – Atwater, CA
Our primary source of heating in the winter can come from a boiler, heater, furnace, or a heat pump. Whatever the source may be for your home, it is common that we run into issues with our heating systems and when that time comes it is best to have our systems properly inspected, repaired, or replaced so that we can have proper heating during the colder months of the year. Our heating repair company ARMS One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning covers a broad range of heating repairs that any residential home might be experiencing. Backed by the One Hour brand and years of experience, we have collected the most common signs of why a residential home would require a repair or replacement.
Are you experiencing any of these heating related problems in your home?
- Insufficient Heating: When your system is not properly heating your home, it is just failing to do its intended purpose. If you are noticing your home not getting the heat, you have calibrated on your thermostat then the problem could be a multiple of issues with your gas furnace, heat pump, boiler, or heater. This problem is costly because your heating system is still consuming energy to run while delivering no results. You are wasting your money trying to make your heating system work; it would save your home money and extend the life of your heating system to have a professional heating technician inspect, diagnose and repair the issue with your central heating system.
- Uneven Heating: This is when you notice your heat source working, but only in certain areas of the home. Some rooms are warm as expected, but some rooms are cold. Depending on what you are using as your heat source the problem could be a tampered airflow, a leak in your ductwork, or broken electric dampers. Again, an inspection is needed to figure out where the problem is coming from and which repairs are necessary after a proper diagnosis.
- High Energy Bills: When your heating systems are not working properly you do not get sufficient heat. The heating system is still using power in an attempt to supply your home with the heat you are demanding from it. This is a lose-lose scenario. The heating system is broken, forcing it to work won’t fix the issue, it will only lead to more energy consumption and a deterioration of your home’s heating system. Always pushing your system to work will break the entire unit and forcing very costly repairs to be a requirement. Avoid this issue and call a professional heating technician to access properly and recommend the best solution for your home.
- No Hot Air at All: If the air coming out is just cold then your problem could be as simple as a malfunctioning thermostat or something much more severe with your furnace or heat pump.
Furnace Problems & Repairs – Atwater, CA
What causes furnaces to malfunction? How can I prevent this from happening again? How can I fix my furnace? These are common problems we are asked when called in for a repair. ARMS One Hour Heating tries to give the best answer to all our customers’ concerns. Here are some explanations and solutions we have found to cause many furnaces failing to work effectively.
- Neglecting Annual Maintenance: We demand a lot from our heating systems during the colder winter months and every year we expect them to operate without a hitch. The workload placed on our furnaces is high, and it is no wonder that they will sometimes break down due to lack of maintenance. Yearly maintenance for all heating systems will assist in making sure we avoid costly repairs and replacements by extending the furnace’s lifespan.
- Dirty Air Filters: This issue forces the furnace to work harder because it reduces air flow.
- Pilot Light Won’t Turn On: This can be caused by a faulty thermocouple.
- Malfunctioning Thermostat: This will affect how your furnace operates based on the commands the thermostat sets forth. If the thermostat is broken, the furnace won’t heat properly.
- Furnace Will Not Heat At All: Thermostat, gas leaks, insufficient power, or a faulty pilot can halt a furnace
- Furnace Heating but It Is Not Enough: Unequal distribution of heat can be caused by a clogged filter or improper installation of your current furnace
- Furnace Cycling On and Off: Causes can be a bad thermostat, clogged air filter, or again inadequate air flow.
- Furnace Blower Continuously Runs: Blower could need replacement in this case
- Furnace is Unusually Noisy: Clogged burner, reduced air flow, or any number of mechanical issues could be the cause of this problem
Furnaces play a significant role in our home by keeping us warm when it is freezing cold. Calling a professional will keep your furnace running smoothly.
Heat Pump Problems & Repairs – Atwater, CA
Heat pumps work exactly like our air conditioners when it’s cold outside the heat pump extracts the outside heat and transfers it inside. If you use a heat pump as your heating system then just like any HVAC equipment it needs to be maintained annually. When we neglect the annual maintenance of our heat pumps, we can run into these common problems.
- My Heat Pump is Not Adequately Heating my Home – The root of this issue could be due to low air or flow rates or a low refrigerant charge.
- The Air Blowing Into My House is Too Cold – The air blowing into your home feels uncomfortably cold, you will need a heating and cooling technician to inspect it
- My Energy Bills are Just Getting Higher – This could be a malfunctioning thermostat, or an improperly installed one.
- Not Operating in Heating Mode – Compressor failure, pressure lockouts (high or low) or a stuck reversing valve can be the cause of this issue
- Frozen Compressor – This could be considered as a heating emergency depending on the severity. It is common for your heat pump to cycle through freezing and defrosting cycles during the winter, but if your heat pump is not defrosting at all, please call for help immediately.
Experiencing any of these symptoms calls for immediate attention from a heating technician. ARMS One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning can do a proper inspection of your heat pump.
ARMS One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning’s Guarantees
Call ARMS One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning when you experience problems with your central heating. We guarantee you will not find a better price, better service, or better guarantees for your heating needs.
We guarantee the following with all our repairs.
- Upfront Pricing: We promise to be straightforward with you on our pricing and our labor. You do not have to worry about paying hourly for a technician to figure out the issue; we will tell you the cost up front, and that will be that for the entire repair.
- Done Right the First Time: We do the job right and do not expect you to call us again for the same repair if you are not satisfied with your repair the first time we will come back and do it again for free.
- “Always on time or you don’t pay a dime” – This is the One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning slogan. We do not want to waste your time, and we won’t. We promise to make it to your home for the guaranteed repair and if we don’t the repair will be free, on us.
Check out our maintenance programs with our Comfort Club membership to have annual heating inspections done at a discounted price.
ARMS also provides residential heating services for the cities of Tracy and Manteca.
Call ARMS One Hour Heating for all Heating Repair Needs: (209) 357-8199